This is drink grandma would make for us growing up. I’m so glad I’m able to really make it my own with these specific ratios.
Spoiler: You’ll just need fruits. 🍊🍈
For a single serving I use the following:
- 4.5 oz of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 6-7 chunks of Cantaloupe
- Cup of ice cubes
Assuming you have the ingredients ready to go—- I typically have fresh orange juice in a glass container in my fridge and keep cantaloupe chunks in a container (I buy the
cantaloupe whole and cut it at home, it’s cheaper than buying the chunks pre-cut but to each their own).
1. Pour the orange juice into the blender (I have the Ninja blender which is great to get all those fruit chunks really blended).
2. Add the cantaloupe chunks and blend for about 30 seconds to a minute — depending on the intensity of your blender.
3. Add a few ice cubes to chill the drink quickly and blend again.
4. Ta-da! Enjoy your delicious beverage!
I love this drink for breakfast before a workout or as a mid-day sweet treat.
Let me know what your favorite smoothie is! I’m always looking for tasty recipes I can make using fruits I already buy! For a while I was really into pineapple smoothies.
No extra sugar needed since these fruits already contain their natural sweetness.