Raise your hand if you LOVE GUAC!!!
I actutally don’t like guaca OR avocados. OOPS… Officially shunned.
Despite that according to my husband I do make a pretty mean guac! (he might be biased though)
Here are the THINGS YOU’LL NEED to make my guacamole recipe with some pictures included.
- 1-2 Hass avocados (on the ripe side)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (diced, remove the seeds) — If you don’t like jalapeno skip this
- 1 small tomato (diced)
- 1/4 cup red onion (diced)
- salt and pepper (pinch)
- 2-3 tbsp of cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
First you have to make sure that your avocado is ready for cutting, (btw you can always microwave it to make it a little softer/yellower)
- Pick out the avocado(s) that you are going to be using — they should be a combination of squishy/firm.
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- With a spoon, scoop out the avocado and place them in a medium bowl. You can toss the skin and pit in the trash.
- Start mashing the avocado with a masher or a fork, if you don’t have a masher.
- Dice the tomato, red onion, jalapeno and toss into the mix— you DON’T want to mash these, you just want to combine them.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and the chopped cilantro.
- Toss in the lime juice and mix until it has a smooth consistency, not to chunky or mushy.
- Taste and adjust to your taste (i.e. more lime juice, more onions, more jalapenos)
Be sure to get those chips out!
Happy eating, Friends!