It’s already Tuesday!! Happy December 11th, time is ticking on the present buying ahhh but you know what is the easiest to gift??? BAKED GOODS!
Yesterday I made some really yummy chocolate chip cookies and I’m here to share the recipe with you all! I hope you enjoy making these and eating them as much as my husband and I do.
Chewy Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, leveled
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 egg + 1 yolk, room temperature
- 2 cups mini or regular milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well mixed.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients in three batches until just blended.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and sweetened shredded coconut by hand.
- Line cookie sheets with silicone baking mats (or parchment paper); set aside.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until edges are barely golden. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store at room temperature in a zip lock bag or air tight container.
P.S. If you aren’t a coconut fan simply exclude the coconut flakes. The cookies will be JUST as delicious.